The organization of the ICIS project is depicted by the chart below.
- The Consortium Board (CB) is the highest authority of the ICIS project. Every consortium partner has a representative in this Board, that supervises the project execution and guards the interests off all parties involved.
- The Project Management (PM) is as the daily control and management organisation of the ICIS project.
- The Project Coordination Office (PCO) takes care of the technical and administrative support for the Project Management and the clusters.
- The Project Management Team (PMT), consisting of the Project management, Project Coordination Office and the Cluster management, is responsible for all operational decisions for managing the project.
- The Research Clusters are the knowledge generators of the ICIS Project.
- The Integration Cluster is the vehicle that helps to assemble, integrate and show-case the ICIS output.
- The Industrial Application Advisory Council (IAAC) is a group of external experts that supply the project with a broad spectrum of knowledge about the application of novel concepts and technology and advices the CB and the PMT.